Friday, November 15, 2013

You may already know the news about my son.  He passed away early Saturday morning, November the 2nd.  Even as I write this it doesn't seem real.  I really felt he was going to be healed.  The last  several weeks I have to admit I was given more insight on God's plan for Cole and a greater understanding of the purpose of this life and the reassurance that this life is not the end but a mere moment in our progression. 
Cole made it clear that each day is important , and we live to do our very best with no regrets.  We have seen many miracles along the way. After Cole was given 1-2 weeks to live the cancer stopped growing for 2 weeks!  His oxygen levels increased and we saw progress.  We were given this miracle, not the one I was anticipating, but a miracle non the less.  Then the cancer took over again.   He fought a good fight and The Lord was pleased with his efforts.  Cole and his wife are amazing.  They have handled this trial with faith, strength and have set a grand example of enduring to the end.  Cole and Taleena  have an eternal marriage and we will all be together again.  I have to hold strong to the truthfulness of the gospel to be able to also endure to the end.  
Cole gave us a lot of good profound counsel.  I feel very blessed to have been able to be with my whole little family plus Grandma MaryAnn, his aunt Janeen, Taleena's brother Sheldon and his wife Becca, the night of his passing.  We were able to all visit with him as a group and then one on one.  He was making us laugh and of course we cried a lot but he taught and inspired us until the very end.  
So much still to process.
That's all I can write for now.  

5 comments:

  1. Cole's funeral was beautiful, and had such a strong spirit! Cole was a great example to me, and I'm so lucky to have known him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I had commented after reading your comment when I first read it. Than you for all you have done and still do to support Cole and Taleena. I have enjoyed getting to know you and Peston. You guys are amazing and I know Cole was blessed to have known you as well.

      Delete
  2. Cami the Funeral was such an amazing experience! We all talked about how STRONG the spirit was during the entire program. I know Cole was so pleased with the talks and music as well as all of the many, many family & friends there. What a wonderful son her was! As well as a diligent servant of our Heavenly Father! Cole was ready to go I think! At the end I think he came to understand and had total faith that the Lord needed him! What a blessing that you all got the share those final moments with him :) You'll treasure those final words, the last laughs, and the tender minutes FOREVER!!!! I didn't get a lot of pictures from the graveside but what I do have I'll put on a disc for you! Love you Cam!!! I send lots of love and hugs (( ))!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh!! I meant what a wonderful son HE was! Rats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Camille. That would be great to have that disk. I'm so glad you took some pictures!

    ReplyDelete