Sunday, November 24, 2013

I need to start sharing some of the awesome memories that were made the last few weeks of Cole's life.  I'll get to those soon.  But last night Daren and I went to the movie, Saratov Approach, about the missionaries that were kidnapped in Russia.  It was a good movie.  And of course the whole time I was thinking of Cole.  The night Cole passed away, Ethan (Cole's hospice nurse)  leaned over to me and said, " you have experienced your Abahamic trial, except you did not get to keep your "Isaac".   I try not to question why Cole needed to go so soon.  I have to remind myself that our Heavenly Father knew all along that he would be calling Cole home November 2nd 2013.  I know his plan is for our growth and our good and if we could see the whole picture as God does we would have no saddness.  I'm glad we have so many opportunities to see a glimpses of the big picture! Though at times we don't understand we have faith and more then that we know everything will work out and we need to put our full trust in our Heavenly Father and His plan.  I was glad those missionary parents got to keep their sons.  As I watched the movie I came to the realization, as I did with Cole, that if they needed to die that "it would all be OK"  just like Cole kept telling me.  The gospel of Jesus Christ is real.  He lives and loves us and knows each of us individually and fully.  He understands our heartaches and joys.  That really came into focus for me when in the movie a man called one of the missionaries parents and told of his story, when he was kidnapped in Argentina.  As he described the feelings he went through and ultimately realized Christ like love for everyone, even his captors, my testimony was strenghtened.  There is a purpose in life and God's plan is what brings true joy and peace.  I did have painful thoughts of wishing Cole could still be here with us physically just like those parents were able to be with their sons but we will be with him again.  One of my favorite sayings that has sustained me is " Life isn't fair, but Eternity is! "  Everyday, most of the day, I am missing and thinking of Cole.  But I feel him near very often and know he and our Savior Jesus Christ are giving us strength, understanding and comfort.  I am so thankful to have Taleena and Aspen!  We love them so much.  What a huge blessing they are to us!  This big change in their lives is not an easy one to say the least and she has her difficult times but Taleena has such faith and knowledge of the gospel that she is constantly amazing me and strengthening all those around her.  I can not thank everyone enough for the prayers, financial support, uplifting notes and love we feel from you.
Thank you and God bless  :)

1 comment:

  1. We are grateful Cole is part of our family - he still is an example to us all! Thank you for the love and help you've given Taleena and Aspen - it is a huge comfort knowing they have you so close. You and you're family are always in our prayers.

    Becca & Sheldon Holgreen

    ReplyDelete