Sunday, December 23, 2012

Almost two weeks ago the Cedar High Wrestling Team had a cancer awareness night.  At their wrestling match against Hurricane they honored three wrestlers fighting cancer.  One from Cedar, Hurricane and Canyon View.  They called and asked if Daren and I could be there to accept the gift they had for Cole.  I was honored to do so but it was an emotional evening.  The Cedar boy was there but the Hurricane boy and Cole were both in Salt Lake undergoing their therapy.  The Hurricane team accepted his ( I wish I knew names but I don't) and then they called for Cole's parents to come up.  Daren wasn't able to be there and I couldn't talk Erika into walking out on the mat with me, I don't blame her I don't like getting up in front of a big crowd.  But as I walked out there I was overwhelmed with gratitude for those boys and their coaches for thinking of Cole and for their support during this hard struggle in our lives.  It really meant a lot to us and to Cole.  They gave him an awesome blanket that had this message embroidered on it, "Keep Up the Fight and Get Well Soon from the Cedar Wrestling Team".  Thanks so very much Cedar Team, coaches and wives!!

This event gave us the boost we needed to help us though these past two weeks.  Cole has been really sick.  Having both chemo and radiation has really worn his body down.  He has had 3 transfusions in 7 days to try to build up his blood.  When they checked it Friday is was finally stabilizing.  Now hopefully it can start to build back up.  He has had some other side effects that have been very painful.  He will see a gastrointestinal doctor on January 3rd to see what's going on.  Please continue to keep him and Taleena in your prayers.  Thanks again everyone for your love and support.

Friday Daren and I did the LAST of our shopping!!  I think we are ready to enjoy the real reason for the season... to celebrate the birth and life of our Savior Jesus Christ.  How grateful I am for the plan of salvation and eternal families.  For the hope and peace the gospel brings into our lives.  Also to  spend time with family and friends and eat lots of goodies and delicious food and watch Christmas movies!!

Merry Christmas everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment