Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving was great!  The dinner was yummy.  It was nice to be able to visit with most of the Lovell Family.  We missed Kjerstin, Megan, Teresa and their cute families.  And Falcon, Blake and his wife. Addy got to visit for a while but had to leave before the dinner to get back to Logan to work.  :(  I hope the cherry pie was yummy.
Yummy Pie!

Cole, Taleena & Erika

Playing Games after Thanksgiving Dinner
As I sit here trying to figure out what to write so much is going through my mind.  Cole starts radiation tomorrow.  He and Taleena are doing well and they continue to have the best attitude and outlook on life through  this whole "experience".  They are amazing.
I have struggled with some news that I, for several weeks, didn't want to really think about and I didn't want to tell Cole and Taleena knowing that they are going through so much I didn't want to add to their stress.  But during their visit for Thanksgiving I decided I needed to tell them that Grandma Mary (my Mom) had a mastectomy last week.  Her cancer came back but the very good news was they caught it very early and she will not need radiation or chemo.  She will be fine, another very tender mercy that it was discovered and taken care of.  Now she is recovering and doing well.  Sore and tender but doing well.  We went to see her and my dad yesterday and she looked very good.  She is a beautiful woman and I'm grateful for her.  
I'm so blessed to have such great friends and family with so much support on both sides, the Hatch's and the Lovell's.


1 comment:

  1. Cute pics of everyone at the Hall! I wish we could've been there to see you all. I'm glad to hear that Cole and Taleena are doing well, and that your Mom is recovering. I hope you guys had a Happy Thanksgiving! We love ya!
    -Meghan

    ReplyDelete